Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Nerd Parents




Last Friday evening, Emily, my oldest daughter was telling about her Algebra tutoring sessions. She said that when tutoring is over, she and Ms. Sanders talk. Somehow the subject turned to parents. Emily, without hesitation, relayed to Tommy and me that she told Ms. Sanders that her parents were the "typical nerd parents". Tommy and I (shocked but amused) just looked at her. Emily smiled and said, "I am going somewhere with this story."

I'm not sure if she ever went "anywhere" with the story because Tommy and I began to give her a hard time. We asked, "how are we nerd parents?" Her reply, "You are both computer programmers. Dad is actually more of a nerd than you (Mom)."

Needless to say, almost a week later, Tommy and I are still laughing at being called "nerd parents". I guess it could be worse - we can only imagine what she would like to have called us!! :)

No comments: