Monday, February 14, 2011

Anniversary Quilt Update

I posted in June about the quilt I would be making for Tommy's gift to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.  Now that it is only 231 days until our anniversay, I thought I better get busy.  In September, I washed and ironed all the fabric.  With all the snow days we've had over the past few months, I was able to cut all the pieces.  Today I sewed!  I have 6 blocks out of 15 complete.  Originally I hoped to have the quilt top pieced by the end of February leaving me plenty of time to hand quilt.  I will need to adjust my schedule. I plan to have the quilt top pieced by the middle of March and handquilting finished by end of August.  Wish me luck!

Four of the six blocks I made today.

All the supplies (minus quilt blocks) for the quilt.

All evidence of the quilt packed away neatly.

Would you guess there were quilt blocks
and other fabric for a quilt in this box?
I'm hoping not! 
Tommy hasn't asked any questions yet!

The quilt box back in place. 
Believe it or not he sees this everyday
and never asks what is in there.
I bet he thinks it is just an empty box!  :)

No comments: